WFDB is a consortium member of the SHAPES project, an Innovation Action funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme involving a total of 14 European countries, including SHAPES’s member countries include Ireland, Belgium, Greece, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Germany.
It aims at creating an integrated IT platform that will bring together user led digital solutions centred around the home and community to improve the health, well-being, and independence of people as they get older.
- WFDB’s article on Momi’s life, a skilled craftsman living with deafblindness was published as a SHAPES story
- WFDB’s article on Alegria’s life, an older woman with deafblindness was published as a SHAPES story
- WFDB has carried out 5 interviews with older persons with deafblindness in Spain and Italy to gather information on their situation
- Our Program Advisor Lucia D’Arino attended a 2 day workshop at the end of June to present findings from the interviews
- WFDB is actively involved in discussions on the SHAPES 4th Dialogue Workshop which will take place in October
- We continuously provide feedback on the accessibility of digital resources produced by SHAPES
- We ensure the digital accessibility and inclusive language of newsletters, promotional material, meetings, reports and other resources
- We submitted WFDB’s feedback on a Robot device, including the input from WFDB members
- WFDB’s page on SHAPES
- Focal point inside WFDB: Lucia D’Arino, email@example.com
- Offical SHAPES website
- SHAPES Twitter account
- SHAPES page: Maynooth University
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities